The last few jokes.
Tomorrow I ‘unveil’ my own epitaph (!)
• I told you I was sick (B.P. Roberts)
• Remember man, as you walk by,
As you are now, so once was I,
As I am now, so shall you be,
Remember this and follow me.
(To which someone replied by writing on the tombstone)
To follow you I’ll not consent,
Until I know which way you went.
• Martin Luther King Jr “Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty I’m Free At Last.”
• Here lies Groucho Marx. And lies and lies and lies.
PS he never kissed an ugly girl.
• Don’t weep for me now or weep for me ever, for I go to do nothing forever and ever.
• I told you so, you damned fools. H G Wells.
• I’ll worm my way out of this.
And my favourite:
• I had a lovers quarrel with the world – Robert Frost.